RECRUITING AND VISITORS
We extend a warm welcome to the new choristers who have joined us recently, and we hope your association with the Choir will be a rewarding, long, and happy one.
As with all choirs, large and small, we suffer the same problem - natural wastage. People move away, work patterns change, they have new commitments etc., so we are always on the look-out for NEW CHORISTERS to ensure that the balance and tone of the choir is maintained at its usual high standard.
You think you can't sing? Of course you can! If you enjoy music and are able to give the commitment, we would be very pleased to hear from you, so do not hesitate any longer. We have an interesting programme of concerts over the next few months, so contact our General Secretary on the number below.
You might be asked by our Musical Director (in private) to sing a few notes so that you can be placed in the correct voice section - Top Tenor, Second Tenor, Baritone, or Bass. We sing in Welsh and English, with an occasional burst of Italian, Latin and Zulu! You do not have to be a Welsh-speaker - in fact, you will hear accents from Spain to Essex among our members!
As with all choirs you will, of course, be expected to meet the following conditions:-
1. Learn the music in our varied repertoire.
2. Attend rehearsals as regularly as possible.
3. Attend at as many concert engagements as possible.
4. Enjoy the physical and psychological health benefits of singing regularly.**
5. Take full advantage of the friendship and camaraderie the choir will bring you!
If you feel that you would like to know more about the Choir before committing yourself, why not come along to one of our rehearsals on Wednesday and Friday evenings from 7.00pm to 9.0pm in
Visitors and prospective choristers are always very welcome, but in case we are appearing somewhere else on your chosen evening it would be advisable to contact our General Secretary, Robert Harwood, on 01792 771957, or Gary Hooper on 07548125437 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please just ask if you would like one of our choristers to accompany you.
If you are unable to join the Choir, perhaps you would consider supporting our fund-raising activities by becoming a Patron? If so, for further details please contact our Patrons' Secretary, Paul Baker, on 01792 771131.
Or for any other queries, please email: email@example.com
** Various studies by reputable bodies have shown that singing can improve cardiac and respiratory performance, produce a sense of well-being, and reduce stress.
- Due to the Coronavirus situation, choir rehearsals are suspended until further notice. Also see Next Engagements for Cancelled Events.
- Congratulations to Val and Max Jenkins celebrate their Diamond Wedding Anniversary March 19th 2020.
- A Concert with Carols St David’s Church Penllergaer 07/12/2019.
- Festival of Remembrance 09/11/2019
- 40th Anniversary Concert. The Great Hall, University of Swansea. 19th October 2019. Open to see Video Clip.